When you share information with us by creating, requesting or being assigned a GProLearning Account, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to GProLearning so whether you are new to GProLearning or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions Contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. Our service requires you to sign up for a GProLearning Account or to be part of a congress that will use the GProLearning platform. When you get your account assigned, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, and contact information to store with your account; this information can also be taken from your subscription to a particular event that is related to GProLearning. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to maintain a publicly visible GProLearning Profile, which may include your name and photo and other information.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like making comments to articles, sharing information, rating documents, sharing files, videos, events, pictures, etc.. This information includes:
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers).
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by GProLearning, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your GProLearning Account.
- Location information
When you use GProLearning services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a GProLearning service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
Information we collect when you are signed in to GProLearning, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your GProLearning Account. When information is associated with your GProLearning Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from our service to provide, maintain, protect and improve the service, and to protect GProLearning and our users.
If you have a GProLearning Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on GProLearning. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your GProLearning Account.
When you contact GProLearning, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
GProLearning processes personal information on our servers that are likely located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and update your GProLearning activity controls to decide what types of data you would like saved with your account when you use GProLearning services. You can also visit these controls to manage whether certain activity is stored in a cookie or similar technology on your device when you use our services while signed-out of your account.
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your GProLearning Account by using GProLearning Dashboard.
- Adjust how the Profile associated with your GProLearning Account appears to others.
- Control who you share information with through your GProLearning Account.
- Take information associated with your GProLearning Account out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Our service let you share information with others. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our service, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of GProLearning unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with ministries, organizations or individuals outside of GProLearning when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of GProLearning if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GProLearning, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect GProLearning and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you verification when you access your GProLearning Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to GProLearning employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities